Life’s too short to be bogged down by an intensive window treatment care routine. If you agree with this statement, then this post is for you! Today, we bring you our roundup of some of the best low maintenance window treatments out there.
Low Maintenance Window Treatments: Top Options
- Faux wood blinds – Super durable thanks to the materials they’re constructed with, faux wood blinds can endure sunlight and moisture without issue. Their real wood counterparts are slightly more high maintenance since they can’t get wet, but they’re also easy to clean. The right choice will all depend on your desired durability level.
- Plantation shutters – Shutters have slats that are super simple to adjust and clean in between on a regular basis to keep dust and grime at bay. Once again, you’ll want to select faux wood shutters to enjoy a higher level of resilience and solve concerns about moisture.
- Roller shades – The flat face on roller shades makes them easy to dust or wipe clean as needed, and they’re often made with moisture-and UV-resistant material as well.
- Roman shades – Although pleated Roman shades can collect dust, it’s very quick and easy to go over them with the hose attachment on your vacuum to keep them fresh.
- Woven wood shades – Last but not least on today’s list, woven wood shades don’t require much upkeep beyond wiping any dust or debris from the surface with a clean, lightly damp cloth on occasion.
With all of the above, marks can usually be wiped off without much effort. But, the beauty of selecting a darker or more varied color or finish is that spots will blend in, should an accident ever happen. Another tip is that choosing blinds without strings will make it so there’s less in the way when it comes time to clean your window coverings!
Explore Sleek, Easy-to-Clean Blinds & Shades
If you’re on the hunt for low maintenance window treatments, you’re not alone! Our team gets this request all the time, and we’ll know just where to direct you. Our recommendations will be based on where the window coverings will be installed, what designs you enjoy and other individual factors.
Eager to get started? We offer free in-home consultations throughout Greater Philly and South Jersey. Get in touch at 215-789-4600 to set up yours and find your new favorite fuss-free window treatments!